Pages

Friday 26 September 2014

North Norfolk Railway 1940s weekend

The North Norfolk Railway 1940s weekend is one of the highlights of my year. I love riding the steam trains, the picnic we have at Holt and the relaxing stroll around the stalls. This was my 5th year going dressed 1940s. I'm not great with the 40s look (I'm more of a 50s style girl), basically because I'm rubbish at doing my hair, so this event is the only time I really make an effort. These are my outfits from previous years (in order). 


I have to say, this years outfit was my favourite yet. I'm wearing a Heyday! twizzle dress and I actually found the time to make myself a hat to go with it! The hat is the same size as my "Elspeth" straw hat, but has a shallow crown. I've decided to call her "Abigail". I can make her in black straw or natural straw, and I can trim her with anything you fancy. Drop me a line if you would like one. She'll be £75.


Thanks to Elspeth, Sam and Betty for another lovely adventure on the steam trains. Roll on next year! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment