Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

"Fashion through the Era's" for John Lewis

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by Laura from the Norwich branch of John Lewis to see if I would like to take part in a "Fashion through the Era's" Fashion show. The show was to be part of the John Lewis 150th anniversary celebrations. Obviously I said yes!!

At first I had plans to make a hat or headpiece to go with with each outfit. However after a meeting with Laura and two lovely ladies from the local Costume & Textiles Association it turned out only three headpieces would be needed. Out of the three required, I only needed to make one piece. The other headpieces could be sourced from other businesses. I asked No Dice Sugar if I could borrow a stunning 1920's headpiece and Rosie Alia Designs if I could borrow a black velvet turban.




Unfortunately Sugar couldn't get the headpiece to me in time (not her fault) so I ended up making something the night before the show. It was no where near as nice as Sugar's one, but I was happy with it.


Rosie's turban was teamed with a beautiful 1930's red dress and jacket (these rubbish phone pictures in no way do Rosie's turban justice!).


Finally, I made an "Elspeth" straw sun hat to go with an original 1950's dress. Amanda looked lovely (as always).

Hopefully I'll get the official pictures from the event soon. I'm sure they will be a million times better than these dodgy phone pictures!!




No comments:

Post a Comment